Project Manager – Contract Position
Integrating Professionals for Appalachian Children (IPAC) is in need of a project manager. This person will assist the Executive Director in managing projects and maintaining the organization’s mission of developing innovative, culturally sensitive programs that strive to improve health outcomes of children in our region.
The focus of this position will be to oversee the implementation of a multi-county care coordination initiative. The project includes improving communication and facilitating shared learning among care coordinators. The project also involves facilitating the development of a mobile health technology system.
Candidates should be open to exploring new projects as the needs of the organization evolve. An ideal candidate will be agile and comfortable with change.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Commitment to fulfilling organization’s mission
• Develop a work plan with measurable goals and metrics
• Arrange and host regular meetings with stakeholders
• Maintain/manage clear goals with partnering agencies
• Administrative support
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience in managing a project from beginning to end
• Some knowledge of health and mental health issues for children
• Experience managing a team
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or at least five years of experience with a non-profit, healthcare, or community organization. Master’s degree preferred.
• Must have a legal driver’s license and transportation; position may involve extensive travel within the region
• Organized and task oriented
• Must work well collaboratively and independently as necessary
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of rural and Appalachian culture
• Knowledge of outcomes, measurement, indicators and data collections methods
• Highly developed organizational and planning skills
• Ability to simplify complex concepts and systems
• Strong ties to the community and/or the ability to network and build relationships with key people in the community
The Project Manager is supervised by the Executive Director
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time 12-month contract position, with expansion potential. Please send cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2016.